Hello, lovers! Well, I've been getting ready for Valentine's Day for weeks now and it is finally here! Well, we're close enough, at least. Do you have any plans with your love? Or maybe with friends? No matter what you do, you will want to treat yourself and your loved one(s) to this very tasty cocktail! It's frozen, has blood oranges, raspberries & a sparkling floater on top. I mean, HELLO!
This time of year is one of my absolute favorites. Why is that so? Blood oranges, of course! I wait all year for these lovely citrus fruits to make an appearance. And then I swoop in and buy them all up! Okay, not really... I share with others ;)
A very special ingredient in this cocktail is the Wild Roots Raspberry Infused Vodka. It is deep & rich in flavor without being overly sweet. And I'm not even typically a vodka fan, but this one is consistently on my bar. I tend to get spoiled up in the PNW with all of the local delicious treats that are abound, so I am often living in a bit of a bubble. Forgive me if this particular vodka is not available in your area, but I did round up some other options that should be easier to find.
BLOOD ORANGE RASPBERRY CRUSH
- 8oz fresh squeezed blood orange juice (from 6-8 fruits)
- 4oz Wild Roots Raspberry Infused Vodka (or one of the following: Three Olives | Absolut | Stoli
- 1cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Sparkling wine of your choice
- Squeeze the juice from your blood oranges into a blender
- Add raspberry vodka + a couple handfuls of ice
- Blend until smooth and slushy
- Pour into glasses, filling about half way
- Top with sparkling wine (it will froth and raise higher, so beware not to pour too quickly)
- Garnish with a blood orange slice and a few raspberries
- Love, sip & be merry!
You will LOVE this fancy little cocktail, I guarantee it! Oh, and P.S. I think this beverage would look so pretty sitting on top of this table setting.
Happy Valentine's / Galentine's / Palentine's to you, friend!